The links on this page connect you to my research, teaching, project, and team member sites.
My research is focused in three general areas:
- the impact of technology in safety-critical systems
- risk analysis and risk mitigation in large-scale systems
- the role of human and organizational error in high-consequence settings.
For a number of years, my research group has developed a series of embedded intelligent ship's piloting systems for government, shipping, and piloting organizations. Recently, our research has focused on evaluating the impact of technology on individuals, groups, and organizations in saftey-critical settings.
Our research teams have also conducted several risk assessments in marine transportation and other mission-critical systems. At present, our research focuses on discovering and validating predictive safety indicators in distributed, large-scale systems.
The links on this page should give you an idea of the research and teaching I'm involved in, where you can find related information, and who the different members of our research teams are.
- Arctic oil spill response
- Dynamic network modeling in Arctic supply chain logistics
- Social media in tsunami warning systems
- Technology impacts in high-reliability virtual organizations:
- Financial cybersecurity
- Offshore oil and gas
- Large-scale disaster debris removal systems
- Predictive safety and security indicators in distributed, large-scale systems