David P. Voorhees, Ph.D.
Director of Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Software Applications & Systems Development
McDevitt Associate Chair of Computer Science
Department of Mathematics, Statistics, & Computer Science
News on Le Moyne College Academic Programs
- The ERIE21 initiative has resulted in the following changes to existing programs and the addition of new programs. All of these changes and new programs are effective Fall 2020.
- The CSC and SASD programs underwent a significant curriculum change in Spring 2020.The changes were driven by conversations with industry representatives and provides students with more choices in how they complete their CSC or SASD degree.
- Three new minor programs have been created:
- Interdisciplinary minor in Chemistry and Computer Science.Any student majoring in chemistry may complete this minor. It combines introductory programming courses with two physical chemistry courses.
- Interdisciplinary minor in Philosophy and Computer Science.Any student may complete this minor, which combines epistemology and ethics from philosohpy with introductory computer science courses.
- Visual Design.Any student may complete this minor, which was a collaboration between faculty in Commnications and Film Studies, Visual and Performing Arts, and Computer Science. Students will use elements of art and principles of design to improve their understanding of the language of visual communication, then use this knowledge in courses that cover web and graphics design.
- The B.A. in cybersecurity (CYS) was approved by the NYS Education Department in Spring 2017.
- Two new computing-based majors - Software Applications & Systems Deveolopemnt (SASD), and a Dual Major in Information Systems (IS) and SASD - were approved by the NYS Education Department in Spring 2014.
- The B.S. in computer science (CSC) and in SASD were approved by the NYS Education Department in Spring 2014.
- With these new programs, Le Moyne now offers programs that span a range of information technology (IT) knowledge and skills, as shown in the picture below.
Last updated on August 15, 2020.
Copyright 2005-2020 David P. Voorhees. All rights reserved.