Thaddeus K. T. Sim, Ph.D.
Chair and Associate Professor
Business Analytics Program
Madden School of Business
Le Moyne College
1419 Salt Springs Road
Syracuse, NY 13214
Reilly Hall 329
Things I do when not working?
Spending too much time keeping up with Liverpool FC, Iowa Hawkeye Football, and the Toronto Blue Jays; reading books as well as articles from my Twitter feed; and the TV is a nice distraction to give the brain a break. I try to blog once in a while too.
Ph.D. (Management Science), University of Iowa, 2007
M.Sc.B. (Management Science), University of British Columbia, 2002
B.Com. (Operations Management), University of Alberta, 2000
B.Sc. (Mathematics and Finance), University of Alberta, 1998
Research Interests: Facility and hub location problems, supply chain management, optimization
- Lowe, T.J., and T. Sim. The Hub Covering Flow Problem. To appear in the Journal of the Operational Research Society.
- Ataman, K., G. Kulick, and T. Sim (2011). Teaching Decision Tree Classification using Microsoft Excel. INFORMS Transactions on Education 11, 123-131.
- Sim, T., and R. H. Wright. (2011). Simulating the fishing industry: An example of introducing sustainability into a spreadsheet modeling course. Proceedings of the Decision Sciences Annual Meeting, 3981-3986.
- Castillo, I., and T. Sim (2010). A Spring-Embedding Approach for the Facility Layout Problem. Journal of the Operational Research Society 61, 1063. (Erratum for 2004 paper.)
- Castillo, I., A. Ingolfsson, and T. Sim (2009). Social Optimal Location of Facilities with Fixed Servers, Stochastic Demand, and Congestion. Production and Operations Management 18, 721-736.
- Sim, T., T.J. Lowe, and B.W. Thomas (2009). The Stochastic p-Hub Center Problem with Service-Level Constraints. Computers & Operations Research 36, 3166-3177.
- Erkut, E., A. Ingolfsson, T. Sim, and G. Erdogan (2009). Computational Comparison of Five Maximal Covering Models for Locating Ambulances. Geographical Analysis 41, 43-65.
- Sim, T., J. Cherdarchuk, E. Erkut, S. Lalani, and K. Mik (2006). Cost-Effective and Reliable Grinding Schedules for Inland Cement Edmonton. INFOR 44, 65-77.
- Wu, L., X. Yue, and T. Sim (2006). Supply Clusters: A Key to China's Cost Advantage. Supply Chain Management Review 10, 46-51.
- Castillo, I., and T. Sim (2004). A Spring-Embedding Approach for the Facility Layout Problem. Journal of the Operational Research Society 55, 73-81.
- Sim, T (2003). Trunk Reservation Analysis of TELUS' Edmonton Telecommunication Network. INFOR 41, 275-286.