Break up into small groups (4-6). Delegate one or more members of your group to (1) prepare a summary of your group's discussion and (2) make a list of your group's members.
1. Suppose the characters in "Harrison Bergeron" each represent someone or something. Make a list of the characters and who/what they may represent.
2. Are there any truly heroic or great people in "Harrison Bergeron"--Why or why not? If you found any, who were they and why?
3. Do you think there is a "moral to the story"--Why or why not? If your group found one (or more) what is it (or what are they)?
4. What is the experienced truth of "Harrison Bergeron"?--what kind of real experience(s) does it express?
5. Why do you think Vonnegut wrote this story?