1. Could Confucius be a Taoist? Why or why not?
2. Could Lau Tzu or Chuang Tzu be Buddhists? Why or why
4. What is the traditional definition of Zen in terms of its transmission?
Can you give an example of how this works in practice?
5. Is zen essentially Buddhist? Why or why not? Could
there be a
Zen Christianity or Zen Judaism, for example? What would it (they?) be like?
Is there such a thing now? Why or why not?
3. What other questions would your group like to see here? Why?
Back to M. Kagan's
Back to Materials for PHL 336--Asian Philosophy]