Break up into small groups. Delegate one or more members of your group to (1) prepare a summary of your group's discussion, and (2) make a list of your group's members. Discuss your answers to the following questions.
1. Who are Susan Parker and Gert Fram?
2. What problem is Susan having?
3. In this story, what is "a jerk"?
4. Are there really any jerks in this story?
5. What is/are the most difficult thing/s anyone does in this
story? Is this thing/Are these things also the best or most heroic
action/s in the story? Why/why not?
Le Moyne College
April 12, 2000
Senior Seminar on
Heroism and the Human Spirit, PHL 403