Break up into small groups. Then discuss the following. Delegate one or more members of your group to prepare a written summary of your group's discussion. Make sure every member of your group has a copy of the responses. If you were not present in class for this exercise, you may complete it (in less than 2 pages) as a typed assignment. (See http://www.ccel.org/a/aquinas/summa/FP/FP092.html#FPQ92A1THEP1)
1. What problem is Aquinas working on in Question 92?
2. In light of the objections, what do you think motivates the
question addressed in Article 1?
3. What is Aquinas' response to the question? How does he
argue for it?
4. What do his proof-texts show you about his position?
5. How does he reply to the objections?
6. What is the influence of Aristotle here?
7. What steps of the Summa form are illustrated here?