Questions about Lisa Goldstein's Story, "Alfred" (Asimov's
Science Fiction, Dec. 1992; included in Travellers in Magic
(NY, TOR/Thomas Doherty
Associates , 1994)
Break up into small groups. Delegate one or more members of
your group to (1) prepare a summary of your group's discussion and (2)
make a list of your group's members.
1. In this story, who is haunted, and by what?
2. Do you know anyone who is haunted by past events? If so,
how do they deal with that? Are they successful?
3. This story raises a question about whether or not the world is
a bad place. What do you think the author thinks about that
4. Why does Joey have nightmares?
5. What is the most or least scary part of this story? Why?
Le Moyne College
Page updated 11/03, 11/04, and 11/10.
Back to Kagan's home page