|PSY 101 Development 3: Adolescence|
1. Physical Changes of Adolescence
- Puberty: the maturation of sexual functions
- Primary Sexual Characteristics = the structures necessary for reproduction
- Is adolescence generally a stormy or a peaceful period in life?
- G. Stanley Hall (1904)
- Suicide Attempts
- Yet, adolescents themselves generally report being satisfied and experts agree that the period is not especially upsetting or difficult
> James Marcia for late adolescents (roughly ages 16-22)?
This page was originally posted on 10/10/03 and last updated on 10/29/04