Industrial Relations Systems Examination Schedule:
IRL 421 – Comparative
Industrial Relations Systems II – Fall 2004
|What follows are the instructions and questions from the final examination the last time this course was given. The mid-terms have similar questions, but fewer of them. You will be provided with the better part of one page to answer each question.|
|Le Moyne College||Cliff Donn|
This examination has six questions of which you must answer any four. Answer
as completely as possible in the space provided but do not exceed that space.
Give relevant examples wherever possible.
1) Compare and contrast the approach Clegg takes to the theory of the development of the labor movement with that taken by Scoville. Use illustrative examples from at least two different countries.
2) Compare and contrast the legal framework of industrial relations in the Japan with that in Australia. What factors help to explain the differences and similarities?
3) Compare and contrast the ideologies of the industrial-relations actors in China with those in India. What factors help to explain the similarities and differences?
4) Compare and contrast the political environment of industrial relations in Nigeria with that in South Africa. How do these differences affect industrial rule making in those countries?
5) Compare and contrast the structure and behavior of the trade union movement in Israel with that in Mexico. What factors help explain the similarities and differences?
6) What is the International Labour Organization? What are its principal functions and how has it influenced at least one of the countries we discussed this semester?